print2fundraise only started trading in 2009, although the concept and business plan for it was established some time ago. Founder and Managing Director, Adam Hirst, is a Tasmanian that was looking to establish a company that he could feel comfortable with and proud to work for. The key criteria for the new venture were:
- The products or services had to be morally and ethically sound.
- The company should be new, innovative and give a real "buzz" to employees and customers alike.
- The company should be supportive of the community.
- The products and services should offer true value to consumers.
- The company should offer real products or services, not just trade on margins or onsell.
- The company should be globally scaleable and be based on a solid business model.
print2fundraise met all of these criteria, and was based upon the founders' long industry experience with online photo-ordering software solutions, online marketing and photo finishing.
print2fundraise strives to be the global leader in fundraising-oriented, mail-order photo finishing, and is incrementally targetting core English-speaking nations, including Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA and Canada. Even though many had indicated that starting a business in hard economic times was risky (Australia is formally in a recession, as of May 2009), this was actually seen as "a positive" due to the fact that fundraising for entities (particular child care centres and charities) would be harder to come by due to less disposable income and increased unemployment.
print2fundraise is a trading name of Sozpoz Pty Ltd, a family company based in Tasmania, Australia. The founder, Adam Hirst, is a born and bred Tasmanian, who has worked extensively in Sydney and now resides with his wife and two children in Launceston, Tasmania.